Malaga Police service
The event, “Feria de Málaga”, is a week-long public and cultural event in which the city receives over 2 million of visits. In its last edition, Agust 2017, the Malaga Police used the BlueEye service to cover the public safety activities:
- Access controls and restrictions
- Security checks
- Recollecting evidence
- Evaluation of emergency scene level and needed resources
The BlueEye platform was evaluated taking into account the visitor flow and coverage level, being connected to Vodafone public network employing commercial SIM cards, to evaluate:
- Video resolution quality in different environments, (day/night).
- Performance in network congestion conditions.
- System autonomy.
- Adaptation with the Police equipment: in a car, during a persecution, in recognition activities.
- Video/audio transmission delays.
- Two BlueEye backpack models.
- Vodafone SIM cards.
- Command client application installed in the Police Command Centre.
Granada, 061 service
For this showcase, the simulations of two real medical scenarios were recreated to assess the benefits of the Q4HEALTH project in paramedic service.
- Ictus code. This is a medical case where the response time and the sings recognition have a higher impact on the patient’s treatment. The real-time video/audio transmission is very relevant to save the patient’s life in this use case.
- Multiple Accident. In this use case, the interaction between the paramedic and the emergency doctor during the triage can save lives as well as the scenario evaluation that in this cases require the coordination with other emergency services: a second medical unit, police, fire department.
This showcase analyzes the benefits that the Q4HEALTH network, implemented along the set of experiments which comprise this project, can provide thanks to the prioritization of emergency service, in comparison with the current public LTE network.
- Two BlueEye units:
- One unit connected to the Q4health network:
- Nokia cell as a base station.
- Polaris EPC
- Dedicated bearer.
- One unit connected to Vodafone network
- Vodafone commercial SIM
- Hospital application
For this comparison, the BlueEyes videos transmission were displayed on different monitors:
Q4HEALTH on the right monitor VODAFONE on the left monitor.
This showcase recreates two real medical scenarios to evaluate the benefits of the Q4HEALTH project in paramedic service.
- Ictus code. This is a medical case where the responde time and the sings recognition have a higher impact in the patient. The real-time video/audio transmission is very relevant to save the patient’s live in this use case.
- Multiple Accident.